Sailing is the best. It’s not just the beautiful scenery, or even the thrill of mastering a new sport. For me and many other sailors, it’s about spending time with family and friends while exploring new places. I love sailing because it brings everyone together whether they’re young or old and let us explore our world from a different angle. If you know someone who loves sailing like I do then here are some great gifts for them!
Sailing Gifts for Him
Sailing gifts for him
If you’re looking to get a gift for your sailing boyfriend, husband, dad or brother (or even if you just want something fun for yourself), we’ve got you covered. We’ve scoured the internet and found some of the best sailing gifts out there—and they’re all under $100! They’re sure to please any sailor in your life.
Sailing Gifts for Her
Sailing gifts are a great way to show your appreciation for the time she puts into sailing and remind her of the awesome experience you had together.
Here are some ideas:
- Sailing jewelry
- Sailing clothing (shirts, hats, jackets)
- Sailing accessories (sunglasses, watches)
- Sailing shoes & bags
- If you’re looking for a more Practical Gift idea that’s still fun and functional—and it happens to be pink—check out these sailing gifts for women!
Sailing Gifts for Kids
Sailing gifts for kids come in many forms. Sailing books, games, toys and clothes are all great sailing gifts for kids of all ages!
Sailing Gifts Under $25
Here are some ideas of sailing gifts that are under $25:
- A compact anchor, which is a good thing to have on hand if you’re out on the water. It can also come in handy if you need something heavy to throw at your spouse when they make fun of your new hat.
- A dinghy float, which is another useful item for keeping small boats afloat. You may remember the scene in Titanic where they were floating on all those little boats and had their own little boat party? That would have been even more fun if someone had brought along their dinghy float! They could play games like “Let’s see how many people we can squeeze onto this thing!” or “Who’s got room for three more?” And then everyone would laugh so hard! As it turns out, there was plenty of room because everyone was made of ice! If only there had been room for one more person—then maybe everyone wouldn’t have gotten crushed by an iceberg (which happened).
Sailing books are a great way to pass the time while you’re at your dock or in port. You can learn new skills and brush up on old ones, and they make great gifts for sailors of all ages. There are books out there that will help you get started, as well as advanced guides that take you deeper into the sport.
Many sailing books are written by professional sailors who have spent years exploring different parts of the world through their vessels. These authors have a wealth of knowledge about seamanship and navigation, so they’re able to share their experiences in an interesting way that will keep even non-sailors engaged–and maybe even inspire them to try their hand at sailing!
Sailing Education Resources
Whether you’re a new sailor or have years of experience, there are plenty of resources out there for you. Here are some books that every sailor should invest in:
- The Planing Hull in Yachting by Arthur Ransome is a classic work on the physics of sailboats and how they move through water. It’s not an easy read by any means, but if you want to understand the science behind boat performance and design, this book is one of the best places to start!
- Sailing Fundamentals by John Vigor has been a staple in Sailing Education programs since it was first published in 1969. It covers everything from rigging a boat through basic weather concepts like wind direction and wind speed. If you’re looking for one text that will help get your feet wet as far as sailing goes, look no further than Sailing Fundamentals!
If learning about sailboats has gotten your interest piqued but reading isn’t really your thing (or maybe even if it is), check out these apps instead:
A list of sailing gifts that you cannot go wrong with.
In this section, we’ll provide you with a list of sailing gifts that you cannot go wrong with. It’s a great place to start if you’re looking for some inspiration or if your friend or family member has expressed interest in sailing.
Whether it’s his birthday, Christmas, or any other holiday or special occasion, these are the perfect gifts for every sailor in your life.
We hope you enjoyed this list of sailing gifts. We tried to include a broad range of different options, so that there is something for everyone on your list! If you have any suggestions or feedback, please let us know in the comments below.